LEBEN manufactures hydraulic industrial shock absorbers, vibration dampers, buffers, deformation tubes, hydrostatic / visco-elastic buffers & special shock absorbers according to individual customer requirements.
The company LEBEN was founded in 1967. In its early years, the family-run company developed, among other things, ski groomer vehicles for ski runs. Since 1980, only shock reducing elements and vibration dampers are developed and manufactured under our trademark Compenser®. More than 50 years of successful customer relationships around the globe and the continuous development of our products for a wide range of applications confirm our strength and expertise in the field of damping technology.
Calculation of industrial shock absorbers:
The calculation of our shock reducing elements is carried out in compliance with the VDI Directive VDI 2061 "Modular elements for reduction of shock effects". Our products comply with the relevant regulations of the EC Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
We are certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015, a tribute to our quality policy.
Product portfolio of industrial shock absorbers:
In view of the wide range of applications for damping technology, LEBEN-Dämpfungstechnik GmbH provides different types of shock absorbers, including Gas Hydraulic Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers, Emergency Shock Absorbers as end stop (emergency stop at end position), Shock Absorbers for Operational Load Cycles and Irreversible Shock Absorbers.
For use at extreme high temperatures or low temperatures, we offer our damping fluid Compensol®.
Our goal is to meet each individual requirements of our customers!
On this homepage you will find an excerpt of our wide Product Portfolio of standard shock reducing elements, also known as industrial shock absorbers or hydraulic buffers. In the section of Special Shock Reducing & Vibration Absorbing Elements we offer you an insight into special designs for customised damping technology.
If you have any questions about a damping element that is not listed - for example a vibration damper, a visco-elastic damper or a damping system for earthquake protection - please send us an individual Inquiry for a joint problem solving and designing.
The company in numbers
Nations rely on LEBEN-Dämpfungstechnik GmbH
Focus on our customers
PhilosophyQuality over quantity
- Inventive mind and consistent conversion into high-quality products are the certainty of reliable and future-oriented cooperation for our customers.
- The quality level of our production is continuously confirmed thanks to extremely low error rates. The rate is well below one percent of the order volume.
- In addition to our demand for a high level of quality, one of our strengths is the ability to react flexibly to our customer requirements.
- Depending on the capacity utilization, we are able to supply the majority of our product range at short term.
QualityIn accordance with DIN EN ISO
- We, and the majority of our suppliers, are certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 – a recognition of our quality policy.
Variety of productsFrom series to special construction design
- A wide range of products in the field of damping technology has been established and is constantly being further developed.
- We play a key role in the development of many of our customers’ systems. Special constructions according to specific wishes and complicated requirements of our customers are our strength.
- The range from our catalogue is mostly mass-produced, enabling us to produce these types in a cost-effective and competitive manner.
Mission and visionDevelopment and construction
- Development and construction according to customer requirements were and will always be the main pillars of our company.
- We share our knowledge and experience in the field of damping technology with our customers.
- The resulting feedback is our motivation for new projects and feeds our daily claim to retrieve 100%.
Worldwide representationFrom Australia to Cyprus
- The satisfaction of our customers is documented by worldwide business relationships.
- We are able to comply with the legal and bureaucratic framework for global exports to other third countries and exports to the European Union.
Each of our products is thoroughly inspected before delivery, including the evaluation of the static characteristic curve.
Depending on the requirements, it is possible to provide various test certificates. (2.1 factory certificate, 3.1 material certificate, measuring protocol, layer thickness and structure protocol for painting, etc.)
“Made in Germany”
The Company LEBEN-Dämpfungstechnik GmbH produces product-specific parts in-house according to the customer’s requirements. We also maintain reliable relationships with our long-standing suppliers from our immediate environment, which we understand as an extended workbench.
Depth of manufacturing
For machining, LEBEN-Dämpfungstechnik GmbH relies on various CNC machining centers, among them well-known manufacturers such as TRAUB, EMCO and WFL.
Processing of maximum component sizes:
- Length: up to 4500 mm
- Diameter: up to 700 mm
New developments can usually be tested dynamically, statically and permanently loaded in-house. In case of very high energy absorption, the tests of our products are carried out at recognized institutes such as TÜV Süd GmbH.
Nations rely on LEBEN Dämpfungstechnik GmbH
Focus on our customers
Customer Orientation - "Damping Technology customized"
Ever-increasing demands on machines, vehicles and the support structure of production plants in relation to the parameters of speed and mass of the objects cause major deceleration, damping and vibration problems. The occurring magnitudes of the application’s load data (frequency and max. amplitude) overloads the in series fabricated standard absorbers in many cases.
Similarly, space problems or missing connection options for existing systems require a modification of the standard program.
Due to many years of experience and state-of-the-art processes in design and production, we have a high degree of flexibility and can therefore respond to special customer requirements even for small quantities.
Through state-of-the-art processes in design and production, LEBEN-Dämpfungstechnik GmbH has a high degree of flexibility and is therefore able to respond to special customer requests “constructively” even with small quantities. Depending on the requirements, the reaction force and deceleration graph can be realised by individual throttle principle.
The damping elements are designed in CAD. We are happy to provide our customers with the requested CAD dimensional drawings and documents in the desired data formats.
Our product-specific parts are manufactured exclusively in Germany. We maintain close relationships with our qualified and audited suppliers. The machining is carried out in-house with the highest precision and the assembly of the shock reduction elements and their testing is carried out on test equipment and testing machines, some of which have been developed in-house.
Upon customer request, appropriate test certificates are issued.
Research and Development
A constant further development of our in series produced COMPENSER® is a matter of course.
At the request of our customers, specific absorbers can be developed for the respective area of application. You can find an insight into this under the section Special Shock & Vibration Absorbing Elements.
The power of innovation and the know-how are reflected in the numerous patents of LEBEN-Dämpfungstechnik GmbH which were/ are registered worldwide.
In the field of damping technology, research is constantly being conducted to achieve the optimum implementation of the flow properties of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids in shock reducing elements and vibration dampers.
In the search for hydraulic working fluids with greatly improved properties, a highly viscous, paste-like dispersion has been developed.